Customer Support Team Lead
Thanks to our recent 23m$ Series-A investment round, we are rapidly scaling our Customer Operations team, with the goal of providing the most dedicated support possible to the growers on our platform. Through its Customer Success, Onboarding and Support domains, the Customer Operations team aims at helping customers from the moment they adopt our solution until they successfully use it for scaling their business.
The Support team consists of 2 part-time members and was set up to assist our customers during their journey, by providing solutions to their questions and thinking together on how to become more successful through our innovative product. The Support team is also a key resource for our Product and Engineering teams to gain deeper insights on how our software is being used and how we can improve our customer experience.
As our first Support Team Lead, not only you will be in the first-line for the daily support activity, but you will also have the chance to be the first operational leader of our Support team. You will be instrumental in building out the tools and resources needed to run a great Support team, such as developing our knowledge base, rolling out new support channels, setting up support review processes and supporting the implementation of a new ticketing system. It will be all up to you to advise us on how to improve our support operations!
In your daily work, you'll act as a trusted point of contact for some of the best growers in the greenhouse industry and you will be a true "spider in the web" between them and other internal teams, such as Customer Success, Onboarding, Sales, Product Management and Engineering, and will report to the COO.
This is a great opportunity for either an experienced Team Lead who is up for the challenge of building the operations of a Support team in a rapidly scaling B2B SaaS organisation with a great purpose, or a highly talented and ambitious Support professional in a tech organisation who’s ready to make the next step towards people management. Are you excited about it?
At the beginning of your journey as a Support Team Lead, we foresee you being focused on customer support operations, in order to earn first-hand experience of our product and the growers working with it. With the growth of our department, your focus will shift gradually towards improving our operations and coordinating our growing team.
- Supporting customers by providing technical and functional expertise via email (and potentially other channels in the future).
- Creating and updating knowledge base articles and documentation to help our customers being independent in learning about our product;
- Identifying trends and improvement areas to help the Support team more effectively support our customers;
- Collaborating with the Engineering teams for incident management;
- Sharing customer insights with the Product teams to highlight their pain points, needs and priorities.
Operations and Team management
Coaching and providing guidance to the Support specialists in a growing team;
Identifying and executing on hiring needs for additional team members;
Defining and executing on the highest priority Support processes to help scaling the department;
Co-owning structural Support improvement projects (i.e. implementation of a new ticketing system).
- 2-5 years' experience in a high-performing Support organisation (ideally in tech/B2B SaaS);
- Full business proficiency both in Dutch and English languages;
Analytical skills: you are able to analyse and assess the impact of an issue, and decide how to escalate internally;
- Empathy: you naturally put yourself in your customers' shoes and know how to make them feel heard;
- Ability to identify customer needs and expectations and what it takes to provide a good service level;
Detail-orientation: you know that details are important in business communication and make sure that you don't miss out on them;
Prioritisation skills: you have experience with prioritising tasks and know how to keep your head cool in hectic moments;
Learning attitude: you possess a strong desire to fully comprehend the issues our customers face, and are up to applying new learnings on future customer issues.
Affinity and/or experience with horticulture and/or biology.